Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Art of 'Living'

The most fantastic thing about a noble cause is that it always touches all the right strings.. this is what we are experiencing here at Gift Your Organ.... I recently requested a young girl if she could write a poem for us... just a small request with me having no real idea on what I was actually looking for... but this young girl, Kanika Tibrewala, has put together verses that so beautifully capture the emotions of hope and wait.

Here's a heart-felt 'Thank You' to Kanika.


The Art of Living
I didn’t see through my blind eyes,
The meaning of unreal beauty…
I didn’t believe through my ailing heart,
The pain of true love…
I didn’t feel on my softly burnt skin,
The tenderness of an infants touch,
Nor did I understand the captivity of a diseased lung…

But now I opt, I choose, I
Dream with open eyes
Hope with the healing heart
Feel with the sensitive skin
And with a breathe of joy, I look to a new beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment