TRANSPLANT CO-ORDINATOR’S TRAINING PROGRAMME
August 22 (Monday), 2011 to August 26 (Friday), 2011
ORGANISED BY ZONAL COORDINATION COMMITTEE OF KARNATAKA
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
Transplant Co-ordinator's Training Program
The success of an organ donation and transplant programme depends on good co-ordination and trained transplant co-ordinators. The Government of India in its 2009 gazette has made transplant co-ordinator nomination mandatory before a hospital is registered as a trans-plant centre. This would mean that any one of the 300 transplant hospitals applying for re-newal of its license would need to have trained co-ordinators.
To address the training needs of this cadre of health care professionals, the Zonal Co-ordination Committee of Karnataka for Transplantations (ZCCK) in collaboration with the MOHAN Foundation and Gift Your Organ Foundation has introduced this ‘Transplant Co-ordinators’ Training Programme’. This programme has been designed to suit the require-ment of candidates from both medical and non medical backgrounds. This programme will provide the necessary insights into the complex field of organ transplantations.
Objectives of the Programme
- Creating a cadre of health care professionals dedicated to ‘Transplant Co-ordination’ in India.
- Provide all the necessary knowledge to the candidates of this programme to be able to operate as Transplant Co-ordinator in hospitals.
This is a 5 day residential programme
This programme is designed for participants with no experience in this subject area. The programme will ideal for candidates with some medical background, although candidates without any medical background will also greatly benefit from this programme.
- Introduction to Transplantation
- Types of Transplantation
- History of Transplantation
- Organ Retrieval, Preservation and Packing
- Brain Death Concept—Concept and Evolution
- Donor Action Program
- Family Counseling and other formalities including arranging for tissue typing
- How to establish a Deceased Donor Program in your Hospital and Form 11
- Counseling Skills and Communication Skills
- Ethics in Transplantation
- Chronic Kidney Diseases and Indications for Kidney Transplant
- Liver Transplant
- NGOs in India including ZCCK, Mohan Foundation and Gift Your Organ Foundation
- Body Disposal Normal and MLC
- Istanbul Declaration
- Protocol and checklist to be followed in the event of availability of deceased donor
- Documentary Film Screening
- Care of Donor Family
- Organ Distributing System UNOS and Southern Region
Mail us at email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org for application forms. Please duly fill in the application form and send it to the ZCCK Office along with a cheque / demand draft of Rs. 2500/- to-wards the cost of the programme.
There is a discounted fee of Rs. 2,000 for students on submission of their identity cards and a letter from their Head of Departments.
Demand drafts / Cheques need to be drawn in favour of ZCCK, Bangalore.
Accommodation and meals will be provided as a part of the programme fee.
Snehadaan, Sarjapur Road,
Ambedkar Nagar, Carmelaram Post,